Apple Pecan Fruity Green Salad
This is my FAVORITE green salad of all time and is a family and guest favorite!
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 tbsp canola oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, fresh
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp green onion, diced
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 large red apple
- 1 large barlett pear
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (can also use walnuts)
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cranberries, dried (preferably the 50% less added sugar kind)
- Preheat oven 350°F. Place pecans evenly on baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted.
- In a jar or container with lid, place oil, lemon juice, sugar, chopped green onion, salt and poppy seeds. Shake until well mixed and sugar has dissolved.
- Place romaine lettuce in a large serving bowl. Pour dressing and add apple, pecans, pear, cranberries and Swiss cheese to salad. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply