Light N Sweet Cabbage Slaw Salad
Forget the mayo, this is a light and sweet take on a coleslaw salad. It is DIVINE with kalua pork and on top of pork sandwiches!
- 1 (14oz) bag cabbage slaw mix
- 1½ tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1½ tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pepper to taste
- Place sesame seeds and sliced almonds on a small baking sheet. Broil on high for ~3-4 minutes or until both start to brown. Stir and watch constantly as they burn very quickly. Set aside. Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar or Tupperware with lid. Mix dressing ingredients until emulsified and sugar has dissolved. Place cabbage slaw mix in large serving bowl, pour dressing on top and mix well. Top with sesame seeds, sliced almonds, and green onions. Serve chilled.
Note: This salad doesn’t keep for more than 1 day (it gets soggy) so eat it fresh!