This is an absolute family favorite around here! The rich and creamy taste of the mushrooms and the coconut milk to the sauce base with a hint of spice in the Sriracha makes it next level!
On busy days, skip the step where you stew the chicken and bake the eggs and you can make this dish in less than 15 minutes. You could also make it more quickly if you had leftover chicken breast of picked up a rotisserie chicken from the store.
It’s really customizable in that you can put whatever veggies you would like to in the dish to make it more nutritious and satisfying and add chicken or pork or just meatless!
Creamy Chicken Ramen
There is nothing more comforting than an easy, creamy, warm bowl of ramen!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil (or sesame or avocado oil)
- 4 oz Crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced (can use any color)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1, 13 oz can coconut milk, lite
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium (I prefer Kikkoman low sodium)
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (you can add more or less depending on preference)
- 1 cup baby spinach (or 1 handful)
- 3 packages brown rice ramen noodles (or regular ramen noodles minus the seasoning package)
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thawed
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut in large pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, in large wedges
- 1/2 cup celery, cut in large pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 12-14 cups water
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 medium jalapeno, sliced
- If stewing chicken, combine water, carrots, onion, celery, salt & pepper, and thawed chicken into a large stock pot. Simmer on low for 2-3 hours or until chicken is tender. (make sure to check periodically to make sure there is liquid left in the pot). When it is done, shred chicken and set aside to add to skillet later.
- 30 minutes prior to serving dinner, preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk eggs, milk, and a dash of salt and pepper together and pour into a greased 11×7 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set and done. Start on instructions for ramen broth below while eggs are baking. When eggs are done, remove and let cool for 5 minutes and then cut into rectangles about 1/4" long.
- In a skillet, place oil, garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper (and any other veggies you would like sautéed) into the pan over medium high heat. Cook until there is no liquid left in the pan. Add chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, and Sriracha sauce. Bring to a low simmer. Add spinach, shredded chicken, and noodles. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until noodles are done to your liking.
- To dish up, place noodle mixture & broth into a bowl and top with green onion, eggs, and any other toppings you prefer!
Leave a Reply