Creamy Mini Cheesecakes with Strawberry Topping
This is one of my favorite desserts to bring to parties because it tastes delicious and it looks a lot more fancy than it takes to make.
Servings: 12 servings
Ingredients for Crust
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
Ingredients for Cheesecake
- 8 oz reduced fat (Neufchâtel) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt, no added sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tbsp white whole wheat flour (can also use all purpose flour)
Ingredients for Strawberry Topping
- ~2 cups strawberries, sliced (or mixed berries)
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 12 muffin cups with foil cupcake liners. Crush graham crackers with rolling pin or in a food processor. Crumbs should be fine. In a bowl with melted butter, add brown sugar and cinnamon. Add graham cracker crumbs and stir until crumbs are coated. Divide crust evenly among the 12 muffin tins and gently press down crust mixture with your fingers. Bake crust in the oven for ~5 minutes. Let cool. Keep oven on.
- To make cheesecake, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and blend until smooth. Add yogurt and blend until smooth. Add vanilla and flour and beat until just combined. Divide cheesecake mixture evenly between cups (a little less than 1⁄4 cup). Bake 15-20 minutes until centers are puffed and edges are set. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature (centers will sink when cooled). Refrigerate for a minimum of 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice fresh strawberries for topping and mix with honey. Top each cheesecake.