Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Yummy, chocolatey muffin with less added sugar!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or whole wheat)
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup special dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup canola or avocado oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas) (mash to almost a puree, you don't want many lumps of banana)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (can use less, if you want to)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Combine the flour, ground flax seed, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, & ¼ cup chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk oil, mashed banana, sugar, egg, & milk together.
- Gradually pour wet ingredients into dry gently stirring. (You do not want to over mix or it will be dry). Stir until all ingredients are just combined.
- Pour ~1/4 cup batter into each muffin liner. Top with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips on top of muffins. Bake at 350°F for ~15 minutes or until a few crumbs come out when doing a toothpick test.
- Note: Do not overbake or they will be dry.
You can put all ½ cup chocolate chips on the top of the muffin, in the batter, or cut back on the chocolate chips and use less to just sprinkle a few on top.
Leave a Reply