Easy Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce
Make this easy homemade nacho cheese sauce with simple, natural ingredients!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 tbsp light butter (I use land o' lakes brand)
- 1.5 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 12 oz evaporated milk, made with 2% milk
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, sharp
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese
- Melt butter in medium sized saucepan on medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk until butter is absorbed into the flour. Slowly add milk while constantly whisking until all the milk is added in. Add the hot sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Next, add the cheese and stir until well mixed and sauce thickens. Serve immediately.