These frozen yogurt melts are an easy 2-ingredient snack to help soothe the teething pains your baby may be facing! It is also just a great cool, refreshing snack for babies 6+ months old.
The freeze dried yogurt melts you find at the grocery store most often have added sugars in them. The American Academy of Pediatrics advises to avoid added sugars whenever possible for your children until they are 2 years old.
This recipe uses unsweetened fruit puree so it does not contain any added sugar. However, if you would like a sweeter treat for your older kids (2+ years old) you could add a dab or honey or maple syrup for a sweeter taste.
You can really use any fruit puree you would like to – baby food makes things really easy as it’s all done for you! I’ve tried beet, strawberry, apple and other varieties to get the fun pink color.
Frozen Yogurt Teething Melts
- 1/2 cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt, no sugar added
- 2 tbsp fruit or baby food puree no sugar added
- Stir yogurt and fruit puree together. (I usually use a bright colored baby food puree to get the yogurt melts to have the pink color).
- Place mixture into a plastic sandwich bag (or a piping bag would work great too. Cut a small hole on of the end of the plastic bag and pour nickel-sized yogurt dots onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for ~2 hours until yogurt drops are frozen. Remove dots from parchment paper and store in an airtight container.
- I recommend to only take out and serve a few drops at a time as they melt fairly quickly. Note: For those over 2, you could add a small dab of honey or maple syrup for a sweeter taste.