This chicken fajitas are one of my go-to quick dinner ideas. We eat these pretty much every other week for either lunch or dinner because they are that delicious and easy!
I often add Spanish rice or other toppings like avocado, olives, sour cream, salsa, or any other toppings you enjoy to make it more filling (I mean does this technically then make it a taco? IDK you decide.) Regardless, they are delicious either way!
WHAT ABOUT MY PICKY EATER?
You know i’m all about only making ONE meal for my whole family (including my picky eaters).
For Picky Eaters: I serve these buffet style for my family so my picky eaters can choose any of the dinner plain (ie tortilla with cheese, or plain olives, etc.) Make sure at least 1-2 of the foods (including toppings) served are their safe foods (foods they tend to accept).
For Baby Led Feeding:
Palmar Grasp: This chicken isn’t suitable for this stage because it isn’t moist or tender. Cut the bell peppers into adult sized pinky finger sized sticks and roast, or cook them until they can be easily mashed. You could also easily add a side of bean mash or refried beans on a preloaded spoon (if unseasoned beans you could try adding a small dash of onion or garlic powder to the bean mash).
Pincer Grasp: Cut tender-cooked bell peppers into chickpea-sized pieces. You can cook or roast some of the bell peppers until they can be easily mashed. If the chicken is tender, you could try cutting into chickpea sized pieces and either mix with refried beans or serve it plain (if chicken is not tender then skip). You could also easily add a side of soft-cooked, mashed beans for baby (or use refried beans). Make sure the beans are soft, smashed and halved or quartered if they are large beans.
Garlic Lime Chicken Sheet-Pan Fajitas
- 2-3 (6-8 oz) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic dried or fresh
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, and/or green is fine)
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 6-8, 6" corn tortillas (flour tortillas work too)
- 4 wedges fresh lime
- 1 small avocado
- 4-6 Tbsp salsa
- 4-6 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup Spanish rice
- any other toppings you would enjoy
- Place lime juice, oil, cumin, garlic, oregano, black pepper in a plastic bag or glass dish.
- Trim thawed chicken breasts of excess fat and thinly slice. Place chicken in marinated bag or dish. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat and add chicken and onions. Cook for ~5 minutes or until chicken starts to brown.
- Add in bell peppers. Cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (about 5-10 more minutes depending on how thick the chicken slices are).
- Place cooked mixture on warmed tortillas and add desired toppings.