Ham & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Breakfast sandwiches are so filling & I love how they can be made ahead of time for busy mornings!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese
- 1 oz lean ham lunch meat, preferably lower sodium
- 1 each english muffin (I like whole wheat or sourdough)
- ¼ tsp Everything Bagel seasoning (or ⅛ tsp salt & pepper to taste)
- In a small frying pan, lightly spray nonstick cooking spray. Cook egg (fried or scrambled style) adding Everything Bagel seasoning or salt, and then pepper to taste.
- Toast english muffin in the toaster. When egg is done, place egg on English muffin and quickly place ham slices in hot frying pan to warm up and brown. Add warm ham slices to sandwich; add cheese and microwave to melt cheese more quickly, if desired.
To switch things up, you can substitute the meat for bacon or canadian bacon, or go meatless! I love using 1 wedge of light swiss laughing cow cheese in place of half the cheddar cheese to make more of a soft creamy cheesy sandwich! You can also use egg whites vs whole eggs too! Sometimes eating whole wheat just doesn’t taste good to me. If that is you too, try sourdough or original and find other ways to get whole grains into your diet!