Key Lime Pie (less added sugar)
Same sweet taste, a lot less added sugar! You won't notice a difference!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs (~7 crackers)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt, no added sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (preferably key lime)
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 (14 oz) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and white chocolate into a bowl. And butter and oil and mix well with a fork until crust mixture is moist.Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a prepared 9-inch pie plate that is coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes or until crust is beginning to brown; let crust cool completely.
- For filling: Place yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixing bowl and beat with mixer at medium speed until well-combined (~2 minutes.) Pour lime mixture onto cooled crust. Bake at 350oF for ~12-14 minutes or until set. Cool pie down to room temperature and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, covering the pie loosely. Serve with reduced-fat dairy whipped topping, if desired.