Love this simple summertime pasta dish to use some fresh basil and tomatoes from the garden!
Servings: 5 people
- 3/4 lb angel hair pasta (or enough for 6 servings)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ~16 oz container cherry tomatoes (or ~1 lb of fresh tomatoes from your garden!)
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside and prepare sauce.
- In a large skillet, add butter and oil over medium low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (~1 minute).
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cover and let simmer for 7-10 minutes. Add basil and pasta to pan with tomato mixture. Lightly mix pasta with sauce until heated through. Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese until slightly melted and serve!