The BEST Roadhouse Skillet Breakfast Hash
This is my all time favorite breakfast/brunch dish. The caramelized onion pairs perfect with the chicken sausage and breakfast potatoes.
- 2-3 tbsp butter, unsalted (I prefer to use regular butter vs light in this recipe)
- 1 cup diced onion (I used white or sweet onion)
- 3 cups prebaked potatoes that have cooled, peeled, and diced (I bake the potatoes the day before and throw them in the refrigerator until I use. They cook better if they are prebaked and then chilled vs warm).
- 1 link Aidell's chicken & apple sausage (Could substitute for other sausage or diced ham)
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (I prefer to use red, yellow, and/or orange)
- 1-2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- First, baked potatoes in the oven like you would any baked potato. NOTE: This recipe works best if the baked potatoes are cooked and then have time to cool and chill in the refrigerator before using them for this recipe so plan accordingly. You could cook them the day before or cook them in the morning and use for dinner.
- When you are ready to eat, melt butter over medium high heat. Add diced onion and cook until almost translucent. Add precooked, diced potatoes. Cook until onion and potato brown and crisp up. Season with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the diced sausage link (the Aidell's sausage are precooked which decreases cooking time) for 1-2 minutes. Add bell peppers and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Make a little hole in the center of the mixture lightly spray a little non stick cooking oil and cook your egg(s) in the middle. Season egg with salt and pepper to taste. Cook egg to your liking. Enjoy!