This antioxidant rich smoothie is a great addition to any breakfast, but especially Valentines day! I love that this recipe doesn’t have any added sugars, it contains milk and yogurt which boosts the calcium, vitamin D, and protein content, and uses fruit (with no sugar added) to sweeten things up! The pomegranate juice and berries also give this smoothie a large dose of antioxidants! I love to serve smoothies with some solid food too – might I suggest a fried egg and whole wheat toast!
Ruby Red Antioxidant Smoothie
This smoothie has no added sugar and is packed full of antioxidants!
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice (I buy a small container of POM brand)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, frozen no sugar added
- 1 cup frozen raspberries no sugar added
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 container Triple Oikos strawberry yogurt (or 4-6 oz of any low added sugar yogurt)
- Blend all the ingredients (in my Vitamix I put liquid first, then frozen fruit) and enjoy!
Leave a Reply