Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
The same rich, chocolate-y cookies you love with a little balance on the added sugar and butter!
Servings: 18 cookies
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl. Add oil, egg, and beat until well blended and creamy. Mix in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours and cocoa. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix together. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips (optional: I like to save a few chocolate chips to press on top of the cookies right before baking). Use a cookie scoop (~1 tablespoon) to portion cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. If chocolate chips were reserved for the top of cookies, press chocolate chips onto the top of cookies right before baking. Bake until cookies are just set, about 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake or cookies will be dry. Allow cookies to slightly cool and serve